Your Rights & Privacy
- Both adults and minors have a right to confidentiality when receiving services from any of our Centers. Your information will not be shared without your consent, unless required by law or otherwise specified at individual Centers. A Notice of Privacy Practices will be provided at each individual Center. More information can be found at hhs.gov/hipaa.
- You have a right to discuss and receive information on all pregnancy options: parenting, adoption, and pregnancy termination (abortion).
- Louisiana law requires at least one parental consent for a minor to have an abortion. A minor must obtain a judicial bypass in order to terminate her pregnancy without parental consent.
- A minor CAN NOT be forced to terminate her pregnancy. Contact any help center listed on this website for additional assistance if you are being pressured to terminate your pregnancy.
- It is your right and the doctor’s responsibility to inform you fully of all physical, psychological, and emotional risks of terminating a pregnancy prior to the procedure. At any time, you have a right to view your medical records, including your ultrasound.
- You have a right to make a 100% informed decision regarding your pregnancy.